Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Event: Build Boston


Parkview Terrace, an affordable housing development for the elderly in San Francisco that combines universal design with beautiful aesthetics. A portion of the 101 units were set aside for the homeless.

I'm flying to Boston tomorrow night to be a part of a panel discussion on Thursday at the annual Build Boston Conference. The topic: New Models of Home for our Third Age (scroll to the bottom of this link).

I'll be presenting projects from the book I am researching about new models of residential design for our aging population (more on this in the not-to-distant future, I hope). I touched on this topic last year in an article for Architect magazine.

I'll be joined by Gabriela Bonome-Sims from the Institute for Human Centered Design, Elaine Ostroff, Hon. AIA, and Susan Szenasy of Metropolis magazine. The talk runs from 6-7:30, so for those of you heading to Build Boston, I hope you'll pop by.