Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Random Thought

Will the definition of the word "glacial" have to change now that all of the glaciers are melting? The word is used to be "suggestive of the very slow movement of glaciers" according to its definition. As in: Progress on health care reform has been glacial. But with the swiftly melting ice caps, maybe glacial will come to mean something altogether different?



Cartoon from the The New Yorker.

And speaking of glacial, that's been my pace for posting. I have interesting news from Project M Detroit that will post to Metropolis magazine's Web site later this week. I have a Walking Tour from my trip, that I will post here when I have a spare moment. There are lots of exciting things happening right now and so little time to report on them. My pace feels glacial, which could be defined as both slow and fast, depending on how you look at it.